FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
As a natural healing system, Reiki treatments are suitable for everyone, from young babies through to adults as it a safe, non-invasive treatment. It can be used alongside other complementary therapies or conventional medicine. Treatments are fantastic for people who just want to de-stress or for those who may be suffering from an illness or injury. Reiki can be used as a preventative treatment, helping to keep your body, mind and emotions in balance.
Reiki practitioners are not trained to diagnose any condition and should not offer a diagnosis. After taking a brief medical history from you, before treatment commences.
Reiki can be a great benefit to many conditions by helping you deal with the pain, release emotions attached to the symptom and assist in healing the aliment. Some of the many conditions reiki can treat are as follows:
- Skin conditions;
- Back problems;
- Low Self Esteem;
- Poor Self Confidence;
And many more.
The benefits of receiving Reiki Treatments are extensive. They are not limited to certain benefits given below.
- Promotes Harmony & Balance
- Creates deep relaxation and helps the body release stress and tension
- Dissolves energy blocks and promotes natural balance between mind, body and spirit
- Assists the body in cleansing itself from toxins and supports the immune system
- Clears the mind and improves focus as you feel grounded & centred
- Aids better sleep
- Compliments medical treatment & other therapies
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional cleansing
- Helps relieve pain and supports the physical body healing.
- Accelerates the body’s self-healing ability as you start to return to your natural state
Before your Reiki treatment commences, a reiki master or practitioner will take a brief lifestyle and medical history from you. This will inform him of your current health and whether you are currently taking any medication o not. It will also tell him, why you have come for treatment.
If this is your first experience of a Reiki treatment, the reiki master or practitioner will explain; how the treatment will be carried out and ask whether you have any questions at this point. After this, you will be asked to remove your shoes and be invited to lie down, fully clothed, on a very comfortable treatment couch or in a chair, you may asked to close your eyes and begin to relax into the experience. The Reiki energy will now be flowing through the hands of the practitioner or the reiki master and he will begin to very lightly place his hands over the energy points on your body, At each energy point, his hands will remain still for a few minutes and you may feel heat or cold coming from his hands, which is a very calming and soothing feeling or You may feel nothing. This is totally normal, as this is the reiki energy is being absorbed by your body is going to whatever part of your body needs it the most. At the end of the treatment, he can discuss your experience of receiving Reiki healing.
Reiki treatments have to be experienced as words cannot justify how wonderful this healing energy truly is.
Each person experiences Reiki differently, although all agree it provides a wonderful feeling of relaxation, balance and wellbeing. Most people feel warmth coming from the practitioner’s hands over certain areas of their body, although on some occasions, the energy may also feel cold. Other people feel no sensation at all and that’s OK too. Reiki energy will work whether someone has a sensation or not. Whilst receiving the treatment, emotions may be gently released, as the energy clears any blockages that may have been present. Memories from past experiences may also surface which need healing and very gently this healing occurs. Reiki healing calms the mind and provides clarity of thought so another experience many people have is that answers to a problem they are currently facing, suddenly come to light, therefore making the situation easier to deal with. Whatever happens during your treatment, it will always be a gentle and rejuvenating experience.
Your first visit will usually take 90 min to 2 hours, which includes an initial interview to assess how best to treat you, lifestyle questions, and any current medications being taken and a medical history as per the case may be. Generally, subsequent treatments take an hour approximately to carry out.
After the treatment you may feel energized while others feel peaceful and tranquil. The majority of people feel very relaxed after a Reiki treatment, with the addition of feeling more in balance. Most say that overall, they have a general feeling of wellbeing and calm. Most people notice a difference after the first reiki treatment, and the benefits of reiki grow with repeated sessions.
Your practitioner may use crystals during your reiki session. Crystals are thought to add an extra element of healing to the treatment by helping to release emotional, mental, or spiritual blocks. Crystals may be placed on or around your body or you may be asked to hold a crystal. There’s no research to support the use of crystals as improving the healing. But some people claim they can have a calming effect and help with their healing.
Examples of some crystals that may be used in Reiki:
- Rose Quartz
And many more, as per the requirement of the patient, to get his intention fulfill.
The biggest side effect of receiving a Reiki Treatment is to feel totally relaxed and balanced. As stated above, a few people may experience a healing reaction and this is not at all serious. To summarise then, there are only positive side effects from a Reiki Treatment.
Ask yourself the following:
- Are you sick and tired of being tired and sick?
- Is your mind or body stressed?
- Are you feeling run down?
- Does your body feel like it needs to be nourished?
- Do you need to listen to your inner knowing?
- Do you feel like your head is in the clouds?
- Are you looking to reduce those nagging aches and pains?
- Do you have a racing mind from all those thoughts going around your head?
- Would you like a good night’s sleep?
- When was the last time you were deeply relaxed?
- Do you feel mentally or physically exhausted?
- Do you wish for some time just to relax?
- Are you looking for some inner peace?
- Would you like to connect to your own body?
Reiki does not have to be a standalone treatment. The beauty of reiki is that it can also be used:
- When you are not ill but want a relaxing treatment;
- When you just want a pick me up or to boost your energy levels;
- When you are on medication;
- When you are having cancer treatment or chemotherapy;
- When you are going for surgery (before, during and after)
- When you have plaster of Paris;
- When you are in hospital;
- When you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant; or
- With other complimentary therapies.
There is no hard and fast rule for this one. Everyone heals at the right time for them and therefore it varies enormously from person to person. As a general rule, chronic long term problems do take longer to heal, although in some instances, recovery can be very quick. Ultimately, it is up to you how many treatments you would like to receive. Lots of people have a few treatments to begin with and then visit periodically to maintain a feeling of balance within the body.